Thursday, May 2, 2013

Michael Henderson, Keynote Speaker for New Orleans Chapter DAR Annual Spring Luncheon

Photo by Betsy White 
Mrs. Shelia Curry, Regent, New Orleans Chapter DAR
Michael N. Henderson, Past President, Button Gwinnett
 Chapter Georgia Society SAR and Mrs Joan Madore,

 First Vice Regent New Orleans Chapter DAR

        On Thursday, May 2, 2013, I was honored to be the guest speaker at the New Orleans Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution DAR annual spring  luncheon held at the Metairie Country Club in New Orleans La.  My talk focused on “Telling the story of my 4th Generation Great-Grandparents and how I traced my ancestry to a Louisiana Patriot who served under the command of Bernardo de Galvez, the Spanish Colonial Governor and General of the American Revolution.”  In 2010, PBS program, History Detectives filmed as segment of my ancestor's story titled: See here: The Galvez Papers 
        This was indeed a special occasion as I also witness the change of office for Mrs Curry, outgoing Regent of the New Orleans chapter as she welcomed in their new chapter leadership.    
         Please visit my blog posting GOT PROOF! My Genealogical Journey Through the Use of Documentation and follow us on Facebook for the latest on my book release.



No comments:

Post a Comment