Sunday, May 26, 2013

Making the Connection to My Family's Military Timeline back to the American Revolution

Michael Henderson, LCDR USN RET.
Feature Speaker During the Memorial Weekend
 Military Timeline program held at
the Atlanta History Center

As a veteran, descendant of a Louisiana Patriot of the American Revolution, and past-president of the Button Gwinnett Chapter SAR Georgia society SAR,  I was honored to be the featured speaker on Saturday 25 May 2013 during the Military Timeline Program  Memorial Day weekend event held at the Atlanta History Center.  During my presentation, I shared a few thoughts and part of my genealogical journey which led me to discover a patriot ancestor who fought in the American Revolution and also show how I traced my military lineage through ancestors who served in various wars, demonstrating my own family's the Military Timeline.  I demonstrated how it was through my early curiosity about my military lineage and my Louisiana Creole heritage, that I was able to make these historic family connections. 
Michael Nolden Henderson, LCDR USN Ret.
 Past-President of the Button Gwinnett Chapter, Georgia Society
Sons of the American Revolution,
Author of GOT PROOF! My Genealogical Journey Through the Use of Documentation

Afterward, I signed copies of my new book titled GOT PROOF! My Genealogical Journey through the use of Documentation.  It was a thrill to share my ancestral research and story with so many who attended the Military Timeline event. The Memorial Day weekend activities will culminate with the dedication of the new Veterans Memorial Park outside the Atlanta History Center, on 27 May 2013 at 5:00 pm.   

GOT PROOF! My Genealogical Journey Through the Use of Documentation is also available for purchase in the Atlanta  History Center Museum Shop.
 Here are a few more pictures of the Saturday event.
Photo with a few members of the Afro-American Historical
and Genealogical Society Metro-Atlanta Chapter and the author
Michael N. Henderson LCDR USN Ret.
A long-time friend and fellow Officer Candidate School classmate stopped by to hear my presentation and pick up a signed copy of
 my new book, GOT PROOF!

A few more friends and supporters stopped by the say
hello and pick up a signed copy of my new book
GOT PROOF!
Another Happy Supporter and Fellow historian
have his copy of GOT PROOF! signed by Author

No comments:

Post a Comment