Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Few Reflections on my Discovery of Ancestors in French Colonial Louisiana



The video clip above was made a few years ago before I started documenting my ancestors whom I discovered lived during the French and Spanish colonial periods in Louisiana.  Interestingly enough, I have been successful in documenting many of those that I speak about in this video. One in particularly, was a French national, my 4th generation Great Grandfather by the name of Mathieu Devaux dit Platillo.

My discovery of him happened in a most interesting way and I will sharing part of that story in my new book titled,  Got Proof! My Genealogical Journey Through The Use Of Documentation .   I will keep you posted on the completion of the book which is due to be released soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment