Friday, August 26, 2011

GOT PROOF! Baptismal Document Found in Catholic Church Records in Tampico, Mexico

Actual Baptismal Record discovered For
Eusevio Marie Raould METOYER Cristophe

After locating an index record found on the LDS familyhistory.org website, I wondered if by chance they also filmed the actually record and had that been upload to their database.  So I checked and wouldn't you know it, they did.  This has now saved me a trip to both Mexico and Salt Lake City Utah, the home of the LDS family history library.
I had to order a copy of the film and have it sent to a local LDS family history center here in Georgia. On yesterday that film arrived. Having already found the index online,  I loaded up the film and began spinning the wheel looking carefully as copied pages from the actual church record book slowly passed by.  I knew the date, month and year of Eusevio METOYER's baptism- 20 April 1861.  And there at the bottom of the page was the record.

Actual Baptismal Record discovered For
Eusevio Marie Raould METOYER Cristophe

 There it was written in Spanish, the actual "PROOF", I needed to show that indeed one of my METOYER family ancestors was in fact born on 5 Mar 1860 and baptized on 20 April 1861 in Tampico Mexico.  There was some additional information, I believe will come in handy later on as I attempt to location documents which showed this family in Louisiana before heading to MEXICO and upon their return late back to Louisiana.  
    Listed also were the names of the godparents of Eusevio Marie Raould METOYER Cristophe,  Gustave Juan Cheveiller and Marie Leda METOYER.  Here was yet another mystery to be solved.  Who were these people and how would they eventually fit into my METOYER family ancestral line? Only more research and documents discovered will answer that question.   As always, stay tuned. I hope to find more records soon.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment